Thursday, October 13, 2011

WMS October Release - Day 2

Good morning!

Today is our second day of previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps October release. Six new sets will be released on October 15th. Today's set is spot-on, super trendy! Fair Isles patterns have been popping up all over not just the paper crafting world, but also fashion and home decor. Claire has designed a set called Nordic Winter, and it is the most fabulous background set featuring these patterns! I can tell you right now, this set will be a staple for my holiday creations.

My first card uses one of the coordinating images from the set to create a patchwork pattern. Stamped and punched out with a 1-3/8 inch square punch, the squares were then layered onto some cream cardstock and stitched together. I topped it off with a bow. I left a sentiment off the card, but could see a cute little tag up top with holiday wishes. It would also make a cute baby or birthday card, too!

My second card was inspired by this photo, which popped up in a Google image search for 'Fair Isles' - this is a great way to find ideas and inspiration!


Here is the spin I put on it.

I started by printing out the Stocking Gift Card Holder (a free template in the WMS store!) onto a piece each of cream and brown cardstock. I stamped a combination of the background images in shades of pink and brown onto the cream stocking. One thing I just love about these images are the detail! If you look closely, you can see individual 'stitches'! I adhered the pieces together per the instructions, putting the cream stocking onto the brown base. I added an extra strip at the top that had been punched with a scalloped border punch and stamped with additional images and a sentiment from the set.

I have so many ideas for this set! I can't wait to have more time to use it, and I hope what you've seen so far does the set justice! It will be a favorite of yours for sure!

Thank you so much for your visit today, here are the other Design Team members that are sharing previews today:



Take care!

Anya

Recipe
Nordic Patchwork Card
STAMPS: Nordic Winter (available October 15th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Spring Moss, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo, Garden Green, Perfect Plum - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Lavender Moon Satin Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Sewing machine

Nordic Stocking Gift Card Holder
STAMPS: Nordic Winter (available October 15th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Stocking Gift Card Holder Template - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Pink Sorbet Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Antique Linen Distress Stain - Ranger Industries; Scalloped Border Punch - Stampin' Up!; Sewing machine

28 comments:

  1. Wauw, Anya!! That card you created there is totally awesome!!! I love the colors you used and the pattern is so pretty!!!! The best one (to me) I've seen today with these gorgeous new stamps, perfect!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Anya. Love the gift card holder {great minds!!}. Your card is fabulous, wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! great inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya - these are just super! I love the card with the Fair Isle squares - looks fab. And the Christmas stocking - just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Anya. Your card looks like a quilt that I saw on Saturday, and your sock gift card holder is an excellent rendition of those adorable socks. Awesome creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANYA!!!
    I LOVE!!!
    The first blew me away...
    gotta love the "patchwork" design...
    *giggle*...
    and it's perfect!
    Then the stocking...
    stunning!
    I've already died this morning...
    and you're my first stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt card is so colorful and pretty Anya - and what perfect stitching! I googled 'Nordic' to find patterns for inspiration. Love your cool stocking pattern! we must have been channeling each other saying we couldn't wait to have more time to stamp with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Nordic set could NOT be better!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any, both your card and the stocking are great! The patchwork pattern on your card is so beautiful and I must say that those stamped images look as if they were really stitched.
    And I love that stocking in brown and pink on cream, that looks very beautiful.
    I haven't seen the other samples yet, but I'am already sure that I will love this new set!

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anya, LOVE the stockings! What an inspiration - your card is sweet and those socks are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, That patchwork card is awesome!! I'm like - how'd she do that? Note to self: Must learn to sew!! Love all the colors - very festive and your stitching is PERFECTION!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely WONDERFUL!!! Can't wait for it to be the 15th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now look at that! What a terrific idea for both of your projects. Love it! And I love those socks, by the way! Loads of Nordic inspiration out there and I can't wait to keep creating with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my good grief-i want to go and make these right now!! Wow, I don't know how you ladies come up with such beautiful ideas - I am in love with the patchwork effect you created on the first card and that stocking - well, i can tell you that i know two little people not so very far away from me would LOVE these in 'boy' colours!! Just wonderful x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. *gasp* Anya your first quilted card is utterly stunning. I may never leave your blog now...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anya, the card is SO beautiful!! I love the colours and it looks like real needlework!! Amazing!! And, the gift card holder is adorable!! What wonderful ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, and such a beautiful stamp set as well. Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cool, both projects are very neat, love the quilted look and that stocking is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! Your first card is stunning!! I love the stitching between the stars: it is such a perfect fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty projects Anya! Love the soft feminine color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo! LOVE those bold, bright colors and your stocking is adorable! Need to run check out that template! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quilt card=brilliant! And i just love the way the colors pop-you picked the perfect color combinations. And hello! That stocking template couldn't have been put to better use!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love what you have created, Anya! The stamp combinations that you used in the stocking are beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic creations as always...can't wait for this set.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  25. this card looks like real neddlework. thanks lori

    ReplyDelete
  26. O.M.Goodness your card looks like you've crossstiched on the card - I love the patchword/quilted design.

    This set is coming to live with me :O)

    Pinned for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card. Perfect for winter and so many occasions. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!