Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WMS October Release - Day 1

{This is my second post of the day. To see my Serendipity Stamps DT challenge post, please scroll down or click here!}

Hello there, my friends!

Can you believe it is already time for another Waltzingmouse Stamps release? Six new sets are being released on October 15 - Claire is pushing the schedule to get these babies out to you, and you won't be sorry!! Today we are sharing previews of Seasonal Remedies, a holiday version to follow up the very popular Rescue Remedies!

The set features a variety of labels designed around Christmas and other holiday sentiments, and of course they coordinate with Spellbinders dies! How about some projects?

To create the focal point of this card, I started by heat embossing the Joy label onto Crumb Cake cardstock. I stamped it again using purple ink and then cut out the letters. Then I embossed it onto melon cardstock and cut out the little banners. The bold, graphic features of this particular label made this paper piecing easy. I layered it onto a doily that had been swiped with white ink then onto another piece of cardstock that had been stamped with a snowflake image from another new set we'll share later this week.

Here is some treat packaging. Starting with a plain brown paper bag, I stamped a variety of the label images with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. This really helped to add something to the packaging without overwhelming the design. Then I stamped the snowflake label (yep, a perfect companion to the label image from Very Vintage Christmas) and die cut it using the coordinating Spellbinders label die. The Goodwill sentiment was stamped in the interior of the label.

I created a patterned paper band for the top of the bag and then tied a bow with grosgrain ribbon. I used some other holiday fixins, including a berry sprig and rusty jingle bells, and together with my tag, adhered them to my bag with a clothespin. These tags are awesome, my dears. The detail is just amazing and exactly what you'd expect from WMS!

My last card for today features another of the square labels... and perhaps images from another set we'll showcase later this week. ;)

This is a favorite color combination of mine for the holidays - I just love red and teal together. Again, this label was stamped twice: once in navy and again in red. I then cut out the center portion of the red image and adhered it to the navy. These labels, of course, would also be stunning colored in and I can't wait to hop around to the other Design Team ladies to see what wonders they created! I'll end there for today.. what do you think so far?

I will be back tomorrow with more previews, I hope you will stop back! Until then, here are the other Design Team ladies sharing previews today! Enjoy!




Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Pure Joy Card
STAMPS: Seasonal Remedies, Santa's Coming to Town (available October 15) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Crumb Cake, Ruby Red - Stampin' Up!
INK: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: French Pastry Doily Die - Cheery Lynn Designs; Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Adhesive Rhinestones - Recollections

Goodwill Treat Bag
STAMPS: Seasonal Remedies (available October 15) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Dear Mr. Claus - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Handsome Hunter, Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Filigree Clear Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Labels Small Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Vintage Cream Grosgrain Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Rusty Jingle Bells, Berry Sprig, Clothespin, Paper Bag - JoAnn Fabrics Stores

Old Fashioned Christmas Cheer Card
STAMPS: Seasonal Remedies, Nordic Winter (available October 15) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise - Stampin' Up; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Riding Hood Red, Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Sewing machine

25 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations every one! TFS

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!!! Love every single one. Fabulous colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome creations, Anya!! Love the vintage feel of the Seasonal Remedies set. Your projects are so gorgeous!! Esp love the treat bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are incredible. Love your background stamping on your kraft bag. Genius to combine all the tags like that...they look fantastic together. All of your combinations are inventive and adorable. You are amazing - to bring all of these together in such a short amount of time. I bow at your abilities, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see this becoming a favourite set!! I really like your projects - and think the embossed bag looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...
    this set is going to be my new fave!
    Love, love, love all of this...
    the way you "popped" on the top one...
    and the tag with that embossed bag!!
    I die over it!
    The colors in the 3rd one...
    I'm just in awe over them all!!
    GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects Anya - especially love the bag with the clear embossing and pretty embellies! Nice fussy cutting on the first card too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards, tag and bag are great.
    Blessings,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty! Love it, and the colors are awesome! Bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects, Anya! I love them all especially that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful collection of cards Anya! Love the mix of colors and all the fine paper pieced detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great projects! You did a wonderful job and I love the idea with the brown paper bag!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the crispness of the stamps on your fantastic projects

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful assembly of colors Anya, such eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous trio of projects Anya!! I LOVE your red "Joy"!! And your stamped bag is charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cards and the bag: they are wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anya, That background you stamped on the bag blew me away! So clever! Great way to dress it up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anya, I am just in awe of your cutting skills. You have such precision and attention to detail. I love how you used these new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE what you did really making those labels make their presence known. And that stampy bag is scrumptious! Beautiful work, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great projects! Way to showcase the labels and excellent job on that first one fussy cutting the small details and popping them up! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic collection. Love the embossed bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful designed love these old fashioned stamp designs thanks lori

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all your projects. Very nice. I just love that remedies set. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely love how you used these as tags, thanks for making it a fun blog hop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!