Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thinking of You

Good evening!

How is it going in your neck of the woods? I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but yesterday morning we woke up to SNOW! Not only was it snowing, but laying, too. It was totally crazy but I secretly loved it! With all that has been going on around here, it feels like autumn went by in a blur and it almost was time for Christmas. I know, jumping the gun, but it will be here before you know it.

It feels like it has been so long, but I spent some quality time in my studio this weekend and put together a card for this week's Play Date Cafe color challenge. Here is the color story for this week. I'll take a cup of whatever that warm beverage is, please!

Here's what I came up with for this color challenge.

I combined images from Very Vintage Greetings, Woodgrain Silhouettes and Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions from Wplus9.

I have been so inspired recently by Jinny Newlin's creations, particularly this card and this layout. I just love her scrappy collage style and tried to emulate that with this card. What fun to pile the stuff on!

I'm so glad to see you stop by this evening, thank you!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Very Vintage Greetings, Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Crumb Cake, Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Postmarks - Papertrey Ink
INK: Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!; Latte - Amuse|Studio; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Postage Stamp punch - Fiskars; Crocheted lace - JoAnn Fabric Stores; Sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card Anya. I think the combination of the color scheme with the nature theme is striking. So glad to see that Jinny inspired you, I just love her creations! As I do yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all... SNOW?! I think that I'd be secretly thrilled, too ;)!

    Secondly... Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! LOVE all that layering and stitching and stamping and texture! Way to ROCK the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    And finally... WOW! I'm truly honored to have inspired any of your already scrumptiously stunning creations! Thanks for the links! You're a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm thinking of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful, creamy, dreamy card! So glad the snow kept you inside to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Anya...so full of wonderful detail and fabulous dimension! The sponging gives it such a softness! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOOOOOOWZA! First to the snow--I'm not a fan because I'm always cold! It's pretty--but I am always frozen! But WOWZA second because of your card--GORGEOUS! I love everything about it--great job!! FABULOUS job!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!