Friday, October 14, 2011

WMS October Release - Day 3

Hi there!

Today is our third day of previews for this month's WMS release. We are previewing two sets today, 2011 Holiday Ornament and Santa's Coming to Town.

My first project is a blatant CASE of Cristina Kowalczyk. She created these fabulous mini notebooks, and I just loved the simple design.

I used images from Santa's Coming to Town, a small 4x6 set, to make my notebooks.

And a second...

These were quick and easy to make. Thank you for the inspiration, Cristina!

Next up is 2011 Holiday Ornament. These, of course, coordinate with the 2011 Heirloom Ornament dies from Spellbinders. This is a gift card or money holder, and would still be a beautiful tree decoration!

I stamped, embossed, and die cut three different sized ornaments. Using silver jump rings, I attached the ornaments to each other so they would hang nicely.

To create the gift card pocket, I just die cut a second ornament and snipped off the top. I adhered it to the back of my stamped and embossed ornament just around the outside.

For this largest ornament, I embossed it once with silver embossing powder and then once again with clear embossing powder. I cut out the scrolled pattern from the clear embossed ornament and adhered it to the silver one - I wanted a bit more contrast with this large ornament. I think it almost looks velvet, isn't it pretty?

And a final shot - it really hangs nicely, but was hard to photograph.

These ornaments are beautiful, and really make a great presentation for a gift card or money gift!

Here are the other ladies for today!



See you tomorrow!

Anya

Recipe
Making His List Mini Notebook
STAMPS: Santa's Coming to Town (available October 15th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Jolly By Golly - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Garden Green, Bravo Burgundy - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Sewing machine

Be Good Mini Notebook
STAMPS: Santa's Coming to Town (available October 15th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Jolly By Golly - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Regal Rose, Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Adhesive Rhinestone - Recollections; Sewing machine

Ornament Trio Gift Card Holder
STAMPS: 2011 Holiday Ornament (available October 15th) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Scarlet Jewel - Papertrey Ink
INK: VersaMark - Tsukineko
OTHER: Filigree Silver, Filigree Clear Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; 2011 Heirloom Ornament Die - Spellbinders; Silver Jump Rings - Darice

41 comments:

  1. oooh, love the holiday ornament! I am definitely gonna make that. :D

    Wonderful mini notebooks too, great for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning Christmas ornament - and I do like that you've used it as a voucher holder too! The note books are really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every project here oozes gorgeousness!!! Happy Celebrations!!!

    Ash.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, these are very beautiful creations with the stamps of the two new sets.
    The cards with those beautiful images and the sentiments are very pretty. And the gift card holder that you made with the ornaments is very pretty, too. I think the embossed really looks nice on those ornaments.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again...
    gorgeous!!
    That gift ornament...
    the embossing...
    perfect!!
    Love the dramatic color too!
    And Santa's Coming to Town...
    a dream!!
    I love him! :)
    You have outdone yourself with all of the sets...
    and there's still 2 more...
    I die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE what you did with those mini notebooks, Anya! And your gift card ornament... WOW! What a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful little notebooks Anya! love the papers and images on them - and what a great idea your hanging ornament gift card is - the embossing is so pretty - what a fun way to give a gift card - great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first time I've ever visited your blog and I must say the ornament trio project has be drooling. It is soooooo beautiful that I feel I simply MUST have this stamp set AND die set. Thanks for sharing your creativity! I will be back for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love those notebooks and I am going to have to try my hand at using a sewing machine. And I am so glad I have jump rings!!!! I love the look of your gift card holder-it's just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! Anya, your gift card holder/ornament is incredible. Love how that would look hanging on the tree (note to self - make several of these). You are such an inspiration. Thanks for all your help and for continuing to amaze me with your beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I left a comment and it disappeared (most likely user error) I just want to say that your ornament gift card holder is amazing (note to self: Make several of these). I can just imagine how cute they will look hanging on the tree. Thanks for all of your help (with everything) and for continuing to inspire me with your incredible creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome projects!! The ornaments are Amazing!! What wonderful inspirations your have shared, Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! That red is so rich! I love easy, but yours look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Anya! Wonderful assortment of projects! My fave is the trio of ornaments bearing gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your holiday ornament, great how you used jump rings. Fab notebooks too! wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific notebooks and I love the hanging ornament gift card holder. These all make such wonderful gifts to give!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super projects today. I especially love the ornament gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Anya, that gift card holder is just the most clever thing! I love how you connected them with rings, and the embossing is fantastic! And that Santa card made me think green! I have sadly been neglecting Christmas green this release, and you made me slap myself for forgeting it! Looks amazing on your little notepad! PS...your comment on my blog made me smile REALLY big today :) See?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful ornament! Love the embossing. And the notebooks will be perfect for all those holiday lists!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all great projects Anya - you're a wealth of creative ideas, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mini book is great, i think they would make fab gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an elegant ornament and wonderful presentation for a gift card!! The cards are super cute, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm just loving the vintage feel of your projects and this stamp set. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your santa card! That's fun! And your gift card holder is so perfect! What a wonderful way to give a card!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, awesome projects! I really love the ornament, fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful projects! I LOVE that new snowflake design! Elegant!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your clean style that lets those fabulous images do most of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved them all but I can't wait to make the ornament trio. What inspiration Anya, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. those ornaments look amazing but I really like how you showcased the santa on the first card

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha. You're very welcome. I love how yours came out! Perfect to stash by the phone, or in your bag. And that ornament is insanity!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow you have really outdone yourself!! All your creations are absolutely beautiful! Thank You so much for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your ornament gift card holder is wonderful! I love how there's so much potential to all of the new release stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the mini notebooks, but my favourite is the ornament gift tag holder - its absolutely lovely.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ooohh I just love the gift of creativity! And when others share it's even better. Love both of these but especially the little notebooks - cute shopping lists huh?

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW I really love the Gift card holder/ornament trio and really want to have a go.

    Love your mini book too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous, love the ornament gift card holder, such an amazing idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such an elegant card Anya, love the ornaments, love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!