Monday, January 28, 2013

Groovy Thank You


Good morning, friends. How are you this morning? I didn't sleep well after last night's Downton Abbey. Boy, that was a rough one. Not entirely unexpected, but ouch.

How about a card? I had 15 minutes last night before TV time and challenged myself to use that time to create something quick and easy. I have a handful of old Stampin' Up! wood mounted sets that I kept after I stopped being a demo, and I thought I'd pull out Spring Solitude to see what I could make.


The strip of Oatmeal cardstock was already cut, so I grabbed some ink and got to it. I randomly stamped the flower cluster in Going Gray, then went over the largest outline flowers with a solid image. Not being able to see what I'm doing with the wood mounted stamps certainly adds to the random-ness of the pattern (what did we do before clear stamps?)

I added some stitching to the stamped piece, keeping things simple since my time was limited. As a finishing touch, I perched the little birdie on the sentiment.  I think it adds just enough oomph. Love this!

Thank you for taking the time to stop in here today, I hope you have a great day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Spring Solitude - SU!
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Groovy Guava - SU!
INK: Going Gray, Pool Party, Groovy Guava - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Sewing Machine - Janome


3 comments:

  1. Great spring card. Love the little birdie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!!
    And you did this with wood stamps...
    I truly bow to you! :)
    And OMGosh...
    Downton Abbey!!!
    I cheated and bought the rest of the season yesterday on amazon...
    but I won't spill the beans...
    promise...
    only OMGosh!!!
    I can't believe I have a year until the next season!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm smitten with these colors at the moment, and they seemed to be everywhere when I was in the mall recently! Such a sweet design with that little birdie perched on the sentiment. Love your stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!