Monday, October 1, 2012

Wplus9 October Release - Day 1

Somebody pinch me!

Today I have the very distinct pleasure of being the Guest Designer for the Wplus9 October release! To say that I am excited is a bit of an understatement. :)

This month, Wplus9 is kicking off Christmas. You are in for such a treat with this release - everything is fabulous! I think I will start with Folk Art Flurries:


Folk Art Flurries is an adorable set full of snowflakes and flake-building images. It has a folksy whimsy to it, and I adore it!

I went with a classic color combination for my card, and started by stamping a variety of the snowflakes in navy and blue. I added a strip of glitter paper, and did some faux embossing by adhering some die cut snowflakes to my cardbase. Isn't this little snowflake die perfect? It is from the Seasonal Sentiments Die set, and I will share a little more from that later this week.


The gorgeous sentiment is from another new set that we'll be peeking at tomorrow :)

Next up is an addition to the Pretty Patches line, called Pretty Patches: Christmas.


One thing I love most about this set is that it includes different focal words and accompanying phrases, all of which are interchangeable. Love that! I picked a few and built my little sentiment.

I used the Quilt Cuts 1 Die released last month to create my quilt pattern along the top and bottom. I loved using patterned paper to build such a fun pattern, and as a result thought it best to keep my sentiment a little simple. I popped up the heart in the word Joy and added some Stickles.


So that is it for me today... I actually cannot wait to see what the other ladies have come up with for this month. There is just so much good stuff, I can't get it out onto paper fast enough! I'll be using these babies for months!

Stop back tomorrow for Day 2, but first check out what the DT has done!

Have a great day!


------------
Recipe
Peace Love Joy Card
STAMPS: Folk Art Flurries, Iconic Christmas (available October 5) - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Night of Navy, Glimmer Paper Silver - SU!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Night of Navy, Marina Mist - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Seasonal Sentiments Die (available October 5) - Wplus9; Adhesive rhinestone

Patchwork Joy Card
STAMPS: Pretty Patches: Christmas (available October 5) - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Kraft, Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Handmade Holiday - Simple Stories
INK: Always Artichoke - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Quilt Cuts 1 Die - Wplus9; Candy Cane Stickles - Ranger Industries; Sewing Machine - Janome

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Anya! I am beyond thrilled for you! I love your work and can't wait to see everything else you make for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Anya! I LOVE that first card - since I love snowflakes so much! - and your second one is so homey and beautiful. This is so well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your BEAUTIFUL CARDS!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohoo! so happy for you...a very well deserved guest DT spot! Your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cards...Love the snowflakes and the patchwork is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Anya, very well deserved!! I always admire your work and today's cards are no exception. The second one, wow, it is jaw droppingly gorgeous!!! I love the stickles detail, it really makes the entire design pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! :)
    You know I love everything you do...
    and you are so perfect for this...
    you constantly awe and inspire me with your projects and I'm so excited to get to see your talents at work during release!! :)
    Now your cards...
    I die!!
    LOVE the snowflakes in blue...
    is that a new color? ;)
    And well...
    Simple Stories quilt...
    enough said!! :)
    Though I'm dying over the Patchwork Christmas...
    perfect for my favorite papers!! :)
    Congratulations...
    and can't wait to see what else you have for us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Talk about a grand slam! The first card is so stunning and that second one! I am just drawn to that second one! Makes me want to put up the tree and pull out the decorations. Isn't that paper collection amazing? Love them both Anya, and so honored to have you guessing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Anya...I have so much to look forward to this week, love all your cards, but my very,very favorite was the quilted card. That was so beautiful and I also really loved that idea to use the snowflakes to give the illusion of an embossing folder image on the first card. How pretty and there is more to come too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 lovelies Anya! one showing the outside weather cold side of winter - the other the cozy inside warm side!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Anya! I'm thrilled to see you designing this month with wPlus9! I can't wait to stop in here everyday and be inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning, Anya! Really love the color palette of the first! You're going to laugh, but I thought to do the same tone-on-tone with the snowflake die, too. You'll see ;). And the second is so warm and cozy! Great job, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anya!!!!! YAY!!!!! I have always adored how you use WPlus9 stamps! These are fantastic!!!! :) So glad to have you with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO pinching required! You are exactly where you should be!!! Told you you were the queen of make it your own pp and these are no exception - both stunning. Love the "faux embossing" gotta try that sometime - just stunning! GO YOU!!! So happy Anya - wish you could see me jump up and down - you'd just laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the blue flurries card! They should make you a DT member!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely cards, i can't wait to play with these stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty!! I love both and so glad you're WPlus9's guest this release!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the guest design gig! Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards!! Love what you did with the hexagon die!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anya,
    Congratulations on being a guest designer for Wplus9 this month! I so love all of your designs and it is well deserved. I love the snowflake card and can't wait to get that set - the snowflakes are so pretty! And I love the background you made for the pretty patches card too! Gorgeous projects my dear! Looking forward to seeing more over the rest of this release!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!