Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sending Prayers

Well hello there. I hope you had a good weekend. Things are winding down here as we start switching gears into another week.

Here is a little card that I made for this week's Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World Blog.


I used the Beautiful Butterflies set, because they really are some beautiful butterflies.


I love the light and airy look to the butterflies in the inspiration picture, very ethereal. So I pulled out my Watercolor Wonder crayons - these babies haven't seen the light of day for a good year. I used the Cameo Coral and Ruby Red crayons and colored the butterflies right onto the stamp, then spritzed it with a combination of water and Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls before stamping it onto my Oatmeal cardstock. What fun! I was glad I played along purely for using supplies that I haven't used in ages.

Before stamping my sentiment, I mixed a little water with some of the Perfect Pearls and then flicked it onto my card. It just adds some subtle gold flecks, but works well with the fibers in the cardstock and the bit of shimmer to the butterflies.

I thought this would be a nice card to send to Jinny to pass along to Molly.


Thanks for peeking in tonight, I hope your week starts off great!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Beautiful Butterflies - Papertrey Ink
CARDSTOCK: Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; Oatmeal (Sorry, but I LOVE it!) - Wplus9
INK: Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Earth Elements) - Stampin' Up!; Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries

6 comments:

  1. Oh Anya, this is gorgeous...love the soft feel of the flowers. I'm surely Molly will really appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you stamped those almost watercoloured butterflies - this is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Everything came together beautifully - colors, stamping and that beautiful sentiment. I hope it gets picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anya! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow Anya - this is so pretty - like a watercolor painting... so soft. You really captured the photo with this. Great interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I love the watercolor effect. It's such a peaceful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!