Monday, September 12, 2011

This and That

Good Monday morning, friends!

I hope you had a great weekend. Bill and I had the honor of attending a wedding for some dive friends of ours on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, a lovely location - it was really nice.

I got it in my head that I wanted to create for some recent open publication calls, so I've been creating some stuff I can't really share with you right now. I've also been trying to get a head start on projects for the upcoming Waltzingmouse Stamps release. But I do have a little paper crafting something I made that I hadn't shared yet, so I thought you might like to see that today.

I used a mix of butterfly punches and dies to put together this 'catalog of specimens'. The patterned paper is from the Pixie-Licious collection from Cosmo Cricket. Home decor is always fun to make - this is for my friend's newest little one.

I also wanted to share some yummies.. I love baking with zucchini this time of the year and one new recipe I tried this summer is this Chocolate Zucchini cake.

It was delish! I can get you the recipe if you're interested - its from a raddy old cookbook my mom gave me full of zucchini recipes.

Have you visited the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog recently? Lynn introduced some new Mischief Makers this past Saturday! We've also been using some of my own card sketches, too. I've been taking a bit of a break from playing along with the group, but am still playing along! You should, too, and say hello to our new ladies!

Thanks for the visit today, I will be back with more tomorrow!

Anya

Recipe
Patterned Paper: Pixie-Licious - Cosmo Cricket
Other: Classic Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Beautiful Butterflies Die - Stampin' Up!; Frame - Ikea

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anya!
    You have some beautiful projects going on at your blog.... very inspiring indeed... Do you have a follower's list that I can hop on too? luv your butterflies and that chocolate zuchinni cake seens a bit interesting... Never heard or tried this out before, but it sure looks yummy... Hop over to my blog and be my follower too...
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I bet your friend just loved this! LOVE your patterned paper and color choices! So perfect for a baby's room! And yummy! That looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those butterflies! Gives me lots of ideas to work on. That chocolate zucchini cake looks wonderful If you are publishing it I'd love a copy. Makes my mouth water just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pix of those homes are just beautiful. The homes you created are so pretty! That Cake looks yummy. If you are emailing the recipe my address is...
    sharon dot lemon @sbcglobal dot net
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anja, I would be interested in your Zucchini cake recipe. Would you email it to me? Thank you very much from Germany.maxi1000atgmx.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!