Thursday, January 21, 2010

Papertrey Princesses Challenge

Good morning ladies!

I am so very excited to bring you our first Papertrey Princesses challenge of 2010! Get your creativity on, because this is an inspiration challenge!


This photograph comes to us courtesy of Country Living Magazine. Doesn't it just make you happy? Be inspired by the colors, the materials, the layout - whatever you like! Here is my card (you can click the photo for a larger version).

For a challenge like this, I like to start by jotting some notes down - what is my first reaction when I see this picture? The things I picked up on right away were the great colors, the pinked edges of the blue striped fabric, and the overall sewing theme. Quilter's Sampler seemed like a good place to start, and the rest took off from there. I used my Copic markers to color the bits in, going for Spring Rain, New Leaf, and Spring Moss colors.

Now it is your turn! It was great to use a fresh, new color combination and stamps that haven't seen ink recently and I am very excited to see how you interpret the challenge. The important part is to have fun!

Once you've uploaded it, please share your challenge card with us by adding a link to your blog or gallery in the Official Papertrey Princesses Challenge Thread on the PTI forum. Please also include a link back to this challenge post. In two weeks, Lee will be hosting a new challenge for us.

I am so glad that the group has been revived! Many thanks to Diane for her efforts and I look forward to seeing you all around! Have a great day ladies!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Quilter's Sampler - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Spring Rain, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: True Black, Chamomile Tea Dye - Papertrey Ink
Other: New Leaf Satin ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Pinking blade for rotary paper cutter - Fiskars; Assorted markers - Copic; sewing machine

15 comments:

  1. Great challenge, thanks Anya. Those colours are lovely and you made use of so many aspects of the inspiration pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pic and great card. My mind is going in so many directions and I am excited. Thanks so much for getting us off to a great start!!! I'll be working on this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the color possibilities with this challenge. I can't wait to get everyone off to school and start creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! As soon as I get back from Vegas I am all over this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya, Great challenge and a great card. This is sure to bring my Mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Anya! I absolutely love the colors and those little quilt squares are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great inspiration photo Anya! Your take on it is perfect. I love the blue and green, and the sewing theme rocks! Clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya, great challenge! Great colors....let's hope spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent challenge - I will be playing along this week! Thank you for the mojo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun inspiration photo! I love that little box of goodies!

    Your card is beautiful--I definitely thought of Quilter's Sampler and then I scrolled down and saw your card!! Can't wait to work on this challenge, thanks Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well- first of all I have to say that the egg carton sewing kit is just adorable in itself! It looks like something you would create Anya!

    and I love the card you made from the inspiration - that set is just perfect - love all the cut outs and pinked edges - super job on this! what a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anya this is a FABULOUS challenge.. I love the photo and your card turned out WONDERFUL!!!
    Will work on this next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great great challenge! I love the colors, they are some of my favorites. Can't wait to find some time to make a card!!! Thanks for a great first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful, Anya and what a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Anya - and a great challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!