Thursday, May 14, 2015

Waltzingmouse Stamps May PJ Party


Hi there! Welcome to the May Waltzingmouse Stamps Pajama Party!

You can find all the details of the four different challenges for tonight's party on the WMS Blog. That is also where you can link up your creations - the links are open through tomorrow evening.

The DT has joined in for some of the challenges, and I have put a few things together that hopefully inspire you to join us!

Our first challenge is Man of the Moment, to make a masculine-themed card for the significant man in your life. Of course, I've got my sweet hubby, so this card is for him.


First I stamped the heart outline from the Halftone Backgrounds set. Then I die cut the Kaboom Die and added some silver (I know, it looks white!) embossing powder to the bottom of the word. The 'You're the One' sentiment is from the Kaboom stamp set, along with the design stamped on the gray portion of the card.

Simple, straightforward, with just a little zing. Its what masculine cards are all about!

My second card is for the Old Pajamas Challenge. This month we're using the Man of the Hour stamp set.


Again, keeping it simple. I started with a background stamped with a plaid pattern created with the Off Beat Backgrounds set. I love this color combination of Kraft, Brown, and Gray. The sentiment was stamped onto the bottom of the largest tag from the Stitched Tags die set. I just chopped off the taggy bit at the top and had a great little spot for a sentiment. And yes, those are brads. Maybe I can single-handedly bring them back. Anyone else still have a ton in their stash?

Well, that's what I am sharing this evening. I hope you will be able to join us for the party. There are four challenges and a shot at a great prize! Have a great night!



---------------
Kaboom Card
STAMPS: Halftone Backgrounds, Kaboom - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Steel Mill - Wplus9; Midnight Muse, Buckaroo Blue - SU!
INK: Buckaroo Blue, Going Gray - SU!
OTHER: Kaboom Die - WMS; Detail Silver Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior

Rich Man Card
STAMPS: Man of the Hour, Off Beat Backgrounds - WMS
CARDSTOCK: Soft Suede, Kraft - SU!; Dove Grey - Wplus9
INK: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Going Gray - SU!; Pumice Stone Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Stitched Tags - WMS; Brads

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Saw that KABOOM Heart and had to come running over for a closer look! I bet that silver embossing powder looks amazing in person! You caught my eye immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. \lovely cards! Love the white embossing makes the writing pop up and love the background and colors of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Anya. Why haven't I thought of cutting down the large stitched tag to a rectangle before - it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration Anya!!! You sure know how to kickstart a failing mojo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!