Thursday, May 1, 2014

Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release, Day 2

Hi there!

Today I am back with Day 2 of the countdown for the May Release at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

The design team is sharing previews of a new stamp set and coordinating dies that will be available for purchase on May 3.

Today we are focusing on the Stitched Tags Die Set. This die set includes three different sized tags, all with a stitched border detail. Every DT member is focusing on a different holiday for today's projects and I am excited to have Halloween as my assigned holiday. I made a little something with each different sized tag die.

To start, here is a taggy card that uses the smallest tag die (approx. 1-1/8" x 2").


I used different images from the Halloween Party stamp set to decorate each tag. Its a fun little collection of things. This tag is just cute, I don't know how else to describe it :)

The medium sized tag is approximately 1-1/2" x 2-3/4". This is perfectly sized for a sentiment and a little something else.


To create this tag, I started by stamping my witch image (from Cicely at Halloween) onto cardstock. Then I aligned the die where I wanted it (these dies are open frames) so that Cicely was just in a portion of the frame. I really like the way this turned out, I tend to like to layer things onto my tags, but cutting out just a portion of the image was a fun technique too.

And finally, the largest tag, which is 2-1/4" x 4". This is the perfect sized tag for creating a fun little scene. This is my favorite type of tag to make, a little fussy cutting, a little distressing. Its just the perfect sized canvas to be creative.


This tag uses images from the All Hallows Eve set. Isn't that crow deliciously creepy?

So that is my little bit of spooky for you today. I hope you are as excited about these tags as I am. I'll be back with more tomorrow, but until then be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team links for today. We will be sharing previews through Saturday when the sets will be available for purchase. Enjoy!

Anya Schrier - you are here!

Oh! By the way, I am also posting today over on the Waltzingmouse Inspiration Blog. If you'd like to see a bit more of the Tag Collection 1 set we previewed yesterday, head on over!

So glad you stopped by! Have a super day!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful Halloween tags and card Anya! love all the images you used - super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of Halloween themed projects. I love the tag card - such a great idea!! And the Nevermore tag is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally rocked Halloween and made me smile with some of these images! All the things I love about Waltzingmouse all on one post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!