Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Challenge #23


Hi there!

Thank you all for being so sweet yesterday. It is so nice to be back sharing cards with you. Today it is time once again for a new challenge on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog. The challenge this week is to use paper scraps on your project.

Are you a scrap hoarder? I can't throw mine away - I keep every little bit or sliver, just in case!

For my card today, I thought I would use some patterned paper scraps to create a fun woven background.


I started by adhering the vertical paper strips to my card base. I just used a bit of glue at the top and the bottom, and left the middle un-adhered (is that a word?). Then I added the horizontal strips, weaving them in between the verticals. Easy peasy and look how cute!

The jar image and label are from the Jar Label Cling Set. I used more scraps to paper piece the jar and lid.

Won't you join us for this week's challenge? All you need to do is use at least one Serendipity Stamps image on your project, along with paper scraps, and link it up over on the Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog

Here is this week's fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team:


I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge. If you're in the mood for a little shopping, this week's sale is free shipping on any US orders. The special is good through 11/13.

Thanks for stopping by, take care!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Jar Label Cling Set - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Soft Stone - PTI; Oatmeal - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Farmhouse Collection - October Afternoon
INK: Slate - Amuse|Studio; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Linen Twine - SU!; Button

6 comments:

  1. Great to have you back, Anya! Your paper weaving w/ the scraps is so pretty and is so warm and homey. Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the background you've woven from scrap paper! So very pretty with a lovely folksy feel! I think the jar of love is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy Anya, sorry I am late to comment. Love the basket weave you created with your scraps.
    Hope you are enjoying your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the way you wove your scraps! So pretty! And that image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with the basket weave...wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!