Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CardMaker Blog Team Hop

Hi there!

Today is blog hop day for the CardMaker Magazine Blog Team. Our theme for today is 'Summer Dreams' and we are sharing projects inspired by the ice cream truck.

When I was a kid, our neighborhood ice cream truck used to come around 8:00. It had a bell that it rang as it went around (not like the ones now that have really annoying songs). So my Mom had me convinced that this was the bedtime bell. When I heard it, it was time for bed. That worked on me for years, and I had no idea I was missing out on the ice cream truck!

Here is the card I made for today's hop:


I used the Silhouette Design Software to create a popsicle shaped card, then using my Cameo, cut it out of Regal Rose cardstock. I stamped the front of the card with the small houndstooth pattern from Heirloom Patterns in white ink. A houndstooth patterned popsicle sounds just fabulously delicious! ;)


The sentiment is from the Fresh Picked set from Wplus9 and has a coordinating sentiment inside.


When designing the shape for the front of the card, I also included a scaled down version to line the inside. I searched high and low for one stinkin' popsicle stick I could use for the card, but came up empty handed. An emery board sufficed as a stand-in!

I'm so glad you've stopped by today, please make sure you hop on over to visit the other Blog Team members! I can't wait to check out what these outstanding ladies have come up with!

Anya Schrier - You are here!

Have a great day!

Anya

------------
Recipe:
STAMPS: Heirloom Patterns - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Fresh Picked - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Regal Rose - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Regal Rose, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter - Stampin' Up!; Pink Sorbet Twine - The Twinery; Silhouette Cameo & Designer Edition Software - Silhouette America; Emery board

14 comments:

  1. Love love love your card and your cute story Anya! :)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! looks good enough to eat :) (love your ice cream truck story. I saw one on fb yesterday that said the dad said when the ice cream truck played music it meant he was out of ice cream!) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so so sweet Anya. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really very cute card, can't believe I also had bed time when the ice cream truck rang it's bell, lol. Thank you for your story and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have guessed that you used emery boards if you hadn't spilled the beans. :) Cute card! Love the shape and the embossing inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card....so love the shape, pattern and color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bedtime bell, bwahhh! Wow, she was one smart lady. (Sorry you missed out, though) A pink houndstooth pop is the cutest thing evah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!!
    Love the houndstooth...
    and those sentiments are absolutely perfect!!
    Cheers to your mom for being so creative...
    must be where you get your creative gene? *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  9. really like the shaped card, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! And such a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK I'm gonna have to pull a Kelly on you because I haven't thought of an original sound to type.... but EEEEKKKKK!! This is too cute! How did you think of this???? So cute and clever!!! Loved your story about the bedtime bell - I hope you told your mom NO FAIR!!!! Her intensions were good... but still???... NO ICE CREAM????

    ReplyDelete
  12. CUTE! CUT! CUTE! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!