Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CardMaker Blog Team Hop

Hi there!

Today is blog hop day for the CardMaker Magazine Blog Team. Our theme for today 'He's all that' - we are sharing masculine cards! Perfect timing, too, with the upcoming Father's Day weekend.

Here is the card that I made, using the new Fish More set from Wplus9 (which totally fills a niche for me - my die-hard fisherman brother will be getting cards with this set here on out!)



Eek! I just love it! I inset my die cut shapes back into the cardstock they were cut from, a technique I shared on the CardMaker blog last week (certainly not thought up by me, but I just love the look!).

I die cut a banner shape and stamped it repeatedly with the word 'Dad'. Then I added the sentiment across the bottom, aren't the punny sentiments great?



I'm so glad you've stopped by today, please make sure you hop on over to visit the other Blog Team members! I can't wait to check out what these outstanding ladies have come up with!

Anya Schrier - You are here!

Have a great day!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Fish More - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!; Oatmeal - Wplus9
INK: Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Fish More Die, Banner Trio Die - Wplus9

18 comments:

  1. That is so fun. love the beautiful colors you selected and the punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!
    CASE'ing it Friday for the hubster for Father's Day...
    I bought this set just for him because it fit's him to a T!!
    And what a fabulous use of it...
    just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for that fisherman in your life! Love it - thanks for sharing that fun technique again too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Anya. Love the fun sentiment and the way you "generation" stamped Dad....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By far the coolest card I've seen lately! This rocks... and that sentiment is just a hoot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and I also love that technique. I must try!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun look with the embedded die cut fish Anya! love the Dad banner and hilarious sentiment! a great fisherman card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya, this is stunning! i love how you inset the dies and oh my the banner is perfection!! Love how you repeated the dad sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek is right! These little lures and fishies are the sweetest - I just ordered this set yesterday!!! I love the red white and blue, and the inset dies are awesome. I love that it is flat for easy mailing, but at the same time has so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the color palette on this card! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card Anya! I love it!!! Here from Moxie Fab World and stopping by to say "hi" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, and I do like that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Visiting you from the Moxie Fab Blog Roll...what a Fun card! Love how you inset the fishes back into their negative cut. Very clever!

    Have an amazing weekend!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visiting you from Moxie Fab, this is a fab card for a dad or any guy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, love how you repositioned the die cuts! This set is fabulous and adore the punny little sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anya, I love this card and just wanted to stop by to tell you how gorgeous your card with the Wplus9 images in CARDS this month is...the ones with the framed sentiment and the leaves. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!