Monday, January 30, 2012

Thank You

Thank you for all your well wishes for my Mom. It will be a slow recovery, but she's getting there.

It was another beautiful color combo this week at The Play Date Cafe. Here's Jax's lovely color story.

A bit stumped at first by those colors. I wanted them to really look well together, sometimes you can combine elements that just look good together, but these colors were all so bold I didn't want to overdo it. So I went simple and geometric with this one.

I kind of love those hexagons and kind of maybe bought the Rosie Posie set just for them. The flowers are growing on me, though.

I paired my design with a sentiment from Very Vintage Greetings. I like the loopy, delicate font with the bold geometric pattern. (Sometimes I laugh to myself when I say things like that - do I sound like I know what I'm talking about? Cause really, I'm just winging it ;)

Regardless, I needed simple, and this fit the bill perfectly. It was fun to make, and I think it would be great to pull a set together with all different colors and sentiments. I could get a lot of mileage out of these two sets together. There's still a little bit of time left, have you played along with this week's Play Date Cafe challenge? (You should, its fun!)

Thank you for stopping to say hi - I hope your day is going well!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Rosie Posie - Papertrey Ink, Very Vintage Greetings - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Perfect Plum, Marina Mist, Kiwi Kiss - Stampin' Up!; Onyx Black VersaFine - Tsukineko

12 comments:

  1. Yes you do sound like you know what you are doing!! And this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love this! Love, love it! You combined the colors so well and the hexagons are amazing! I must bie them, too.
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, I love how you stamped all those hexagons...fabulous take on the color challenge.

    Saying prayers for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic stamping! And a great design too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! Anya, I just LOVE this to pieces! Beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that we used the same set and the same colors and our projects couldn't look more different... great example of how diverse one set of stamps can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderfully executed! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This does not look simple to me--all the layering of the stamping...but WOW! You really made it POP and it looks fabulous! I LOVE how perfect it looks! Great job! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stamping Anya! Love the geometric design in these fab colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool card! Congrats on being one of "the cream in our coffee" on playdate cafe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my heart just skipped a beat. You never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!