Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zoo Baby

Just enough time for a quick post today. My sister-in-law is expecting a baby boy in September and she asked me if I could put together a baby announcement for her. I was honored, and I got to work. She had picked up a stamp set (Mindy's Zoo from Autumn Leaves) that she wanted to use. I thought little boy, and this is what I came up with.


The patterned paper is from a Stampin' Up! retired pack. The colors were exactly what I was hoping - sort of on the 'boy' side, but not overly so.

I stamped the mama and baby giraffes on the patterned paper and cut them out. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings. This would be easy to switch up colors (or animals - the set is full of cute baby zoo animals) for any theme.

She loved them, and I've been cutting out patterned giraffes ever since!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great night!

#Anya


Recipe:
Stamps: Mindy's Zoo - Autumn Leaves; Bitty Baby Blessings, Forest Friends (grass) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; SS White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper (SAB 2009, retired) - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up!; True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Circle punches, Two-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Linen thread - Stampin' Up!; button

3 comments:

  1. Ahh so sweet, we we're just at the zoo yesterday and saw a baby giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! I am crazy for those sparkly clouds. Great job Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how adorable! Just lovely! A really fab layout and paper piecing those giraffes was a fab idea!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!