Thursday, November 8, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge #157

Hiya!

Welcome to this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. This week we have a trio of rich scrumptious colors for you: plum, fuchsia, and wisteria.


And here is the card that I created:


Purple-icious!

Purple is one of those colors that I always struggle to create with for some reason. Three purples together was a challenge for sure!

For this card, I started by stamping the Cabin Plaid Backgrounder in plum ink. I built the rest of the design around that, going with some layered ovals and a cameo.

I hope those purples don't intimidate you - I can't wait to see what you come up with for these colors!

You can link up your creation over at The Play Date Cafe Blog. You have through Tuesday, November 13th to play along. While you're there, you can check out the Cup of the Week prize from our fabulous challenge sponsor, Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp

Thank you for sponsoring us this week, Simon Says Stamp!

Have a super day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Cabin Plaid Backgrounder, Ovals - Classic Frames, Cameo to Go - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Vintage Violet, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum - SU!
INK: Perfect Plum, Vintage Violet - SU!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
OTHER: Classic Oval Small - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Framed Fonts - Tattered Angels

4 comments:

  1. The glory of purples! Your card is wonderful - very elegant! Love the little gem collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty! I love the stamped silhouette and the jewels you've added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anya! I love these colors and how you used them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly nailed this - your purples coordinate beautifully. I struggled, too - mostly because I was not sure of the correct shades!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!