Friday, November 9, 2012

November Cloud9 and CardMaker Blog Hop Mash Up


Hello Wplus9 fans!

Here we are already at the November Cloud9 Blog Hop! I am also piggybacking on a CardMaker Blog Team Hop today as well. Ready for all the details?

Here is this month's Cloud9 inspiration picture. I know I say it every time, but Suzanne picks the best photos!


The things that popped out at me were the stack of books on the right hand side, and the brightly decorated white trees. Here's the card that I created with that inspiration in mind.


Bright and happy isn't it?

Now here is where the CardMaker Blog Team Hop comes in. Xyron was fabulous enough to send the CardMaker Blog Team a box full of goodies. I used some of the products they sent on this card and they were wonderful! Time savers for sure!

I started by using the permanent adhesive option in the Creative Station to apply adhesive over the entire surface of a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of cardstock. I used this piece as a base to adhere all the colored stripes. Having one piece of card all sticky made this step a breeze! I didn't have to apply adhesive to each strip, and the coverage was perfect to keep these all in place. Can't wait to try the magnet and laminating features of this little machine!

After I adhered the colored strips, I stamped and embossed the tree from Iconic Christmas on Kraft cardstock.

Then I experimented with a little confetti (1/8-inch hole punch) and the create-a-sticker maker. I was so happy that this worked out.. I just fed a bit of confetti in the sticker maker at a time and it came out with the adhesive applied! I just peeled the confetti off the backer and stuck it down on my tree. This was so much easier that anything else I could have used! I also tried out the Mega Runner when assembling the rest of my card. If you don't have a tape runner, I highly recommend this one! Super strong adhesive and very easy to use. I'm a big fan!


A sentiment and a some Stickles finishes it off. Really loving it!

Before you go, I have lots of links to share with you. First, be sure to visit the rest of the Cloud9 Inspiration Team:


Then head back to the Cloud9 Blog to link up your creation.  You have until 10 am on November 12th to link up with us.  

Then please join me in visiting the fabulous gals on the CardMaker Blog Team:


And don't forget to visit the Xyron Website and Xyron Blog. Inspiration abounds!

So glad to see you today - TGIF!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Iconic Christmas - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal, Kraft - Wplus9; Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf - PTI; Real Red, Pear Pizzazz - SU!
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: 1/8" hole punch - Fiskars; Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Star Dust Stickles - Ranger; Creative Station, create-a-sticker maker, Mega Runner - Xyron

19 comments:

  1. Oooo! I'm really loving it, too, Anya! Absolutely gorgeous! Such a perfect take on the inspiration photo, and I adore all the bright, happy colors! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Anya! LOVE how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the bright cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this card, Anya! The color palette with the white tree and the confetti are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing the details on the card
    ava g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card really puts me in the mood for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love the colour blocking on the background and the white tree is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely terrific! Love the colours and the confetti is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya, I LOVE that you took inspiration from the stack of books! Your card is executed perfectly with the colors, design, and layout! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Anya and what a beautiful inspiration piece!!! Your tree is perfect and love the little bits of confetti, such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! what an adorable card.. I love what you did with that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on that inspiration photo! The colors are so bright and cheerful, and that white tree is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anya, this is perfect! I thought the confetti was a bunch of brads at first! I really need a Xyron, don't I?

    I love the embossed tree and the kraft layered over all those beautiful colors. SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome card! Love that it came from the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great products and I love your card

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo Anya! The bold stripes of color really make the Christmas tree take center stage!! Great idea to make your own confetti ornaments - I love that they are sparkly too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, Anya. The blocked background and the beautiful tree. Awesome.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome take on the photo and how clever to take inspiration from the colorful stack of books! Love the boldly colored background and the white embossed tree!

    ReplyDelete
  19. and I looove this one too Anya, love the tree stamped in white, stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!