Sunday, November 25, 2012

Giving Thanks

Hello there!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. It was a good one here!

I am popping in to remind you that you have a bit more time for the current Play Date Cafe Challenge. This week's challenge is running for two weeks, so the blog will be accepting entries through Tuesday the 27th - there is still time to join us!

Here is another card that I made using the current challenge colors:


I used lots of bits and pieces from the Vintage Garden - Seed Packet set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped the carnation image onto patterned paper and then pieced it inside the seed packet frame. The sentiment is also from that set. I layered it on a strip of gray cardstock that was stamped with the houndstooth pattern from Heirloom Patterns. Added a button, doily, and lots of Distress Ink to finish this off.

Sorry for being such a sporadic poster recently. I have been slammed at work since we headed into fall, and I am desperately trying to keep my head above water. I have the best intentions of getting cards made and posted, but it doesn't always work out. I hope you'll bear with me!

Take care!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Vintage Garden - Seed Packet, Heirloom Patterns - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Sage Shadow, Going Gray - SU!; Soft Stone - PTI
PATTERNED PAPER: Nostalgia - My Mind's Eye
INK: Slate - Amuse|Studio; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Pumice Stone Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Doily - Martha Stewart Crafts; Sewing Machine - Janome; Button

2 comments:

  1. Tremendously gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the colors! The houndstooth looks fabulous with the Vintage Seed Packet and the stitching is a nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!