Saturday, May 14, 2011

LAD May DT Challenge

Hi there, friends! Today is Design Team Challenge day at Lizzie Anne. This month we are doing a color challenge based on the photo below. Our colors were tan and mint green with a splash of pink and yellow.

For my card, I used the Merry Marine stamp set.

I paper pieced the whale with patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Social Club collection. The waves were created by using the negative image after die cutting a scallop border. My yellow and pink accents were easy additions with a button and some baker's twine.

This would make a great birthday card for a little one!

I'm so glad you stopped by today, please be sure head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs Blog to see what the other DT members created for the challenge. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Merry Marine - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Kraft, Aqua Mist, White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Social Club Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Lemondrop Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Medium Scalloped Die - Papertrey Ink; pink button

7 comments:

  1. cute, love the paper pieced whale:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun how you layered the waves. Great detail in the pop of white for the "spout" and his eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable, Anya...and I love your waves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I love that set...now I news to get mine out!! Those waves
    rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute, Anya! I love the pop of color you brought in with the twine and button! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!