Monday, May 9, 2011

A Good Friend

Hi there. How have you been? I hope your Mother's Day was an enjoyable one. We had some last-minute plan changes for our weekend, but it all worked out.

My kitchen is coming along nicely - its about 2/3 finished, but all the moving and maneuvering is done so hopefully the rest will go smoothly. I moved a new pantry into the room as well as built a counter top/cupboard combo and installed a shelf. I am pretty head-over-heels about the counter top and shelf. Work space and storage were not abundant in the old setup. I will share some pictures as things move along.

My craft room has been neglected, and right now I'm not so sure I miss it. I am feeling the need for a bit of a recharge, so I'm just going with the flow.

But, regardless of that, I do have some cards to share with you today that I made with the two new Simply Singles that Lizzie Anne released this month, called Favorite Jeans and A Good Friend. Love it when the Singles go so well together :)

For this card, I created a pattern by stamping the Favorite Jeans stamp all over my paper. I colored one pair in with an Aqua Painter and an ink pad. Don't they look all worn and comfy? Then I used the A Good Friend single to add my complimentary sentiment.

For my second card, I broke out some patterned paper and created a fun patchwork card.

I punched all the little squares out with a 3/4-inch square punch and adhered them to a piece of cardstock. Then I die-cut it with a circle Nestability. The jeans were paper pieced, and I added a tiny rhinestone for the button. I just included the first part of the sentiment on the front of my card...

.. and continued the rest of the sentiment on the inside. Cute!

Thank you for stopping by today, I appreciate you taking the time to visit! Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Favorite Jeans Card
Stamps: Favorite Jeans, A Good Friend, Timeless Textures - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink; Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink, Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Postage Stamp punch - Fiskars; Aqua Painter

Circle Patchwork Card
Stamps: Favorite Jeans, A Good Friend - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Material Girl, Social Club - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Big Scalloped Circle Large, Standard Circle Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Adhesive rhinestone - Recollections; sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. What fun jeans stamps Anya - and, of course, you made a fun background with them! LOVE the paperpieced jeans on the 2nd round card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love those paper-pieced plaid jeans with the flowered patches! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!