Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wishing You Well

This card came about from my itching to try out the new Polka Dot Basics stamp set from PTI. I was looking through the Making Memories Funky Vintage clear tags (that I found at Target on clearance) and saw how well this fancy round medallion matched the Aqua Mist cardstock. I wasn't quite sure where I was going to go with the card, but I knew that I wanted to use those two elements. I stamped the medium-sized solid polka dots in white ink (JoAnn Craft Essentials) over the middle half of my card. This was so easy with this stamp set - I am looking forward to using it again. I kind of played around with some different ways to lay out the sentiment and the embellishment together and decided to add a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock for the sentiment. I stamped Wishing you Well from Faux Ribbon in white. I put a rhinestone in the center of the clear medallion and added a punched out 1-inch white circle to the back. This added a little contrast to the embellishment and also allowed me to attach some foam tape to the back without it being seen. This is another simple card.. simpler than my normal style, but really appealing to me. That's it for now.. tomorrow I am going to share a card I made yesterday that I absolutely love. Have a great night, Bill and I are watching the Pens game.

Supplies:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Faux Ribbon (PTI)
Paper: Aqua Mist, SS White (PTI), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Ink: JoAnn Craft Essentials pigment white
Accessories: Making Memories Funky Vintage clear tags, rhinestone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!