Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wool You Be Mine?

Its another snowy day here in the 'Burgh. I hope it doesn't snow like last Tuesday, I have a scuba lesson tonight! Bill and I are taking lessons in preparation for our big honeymoon trip to the Land Down Under. I'm excited.

This weekend we went to see The Lion King. A friend of ours had given us the tickets as a wedding present, which was great. We both really enjoyed the show - it was similar enough to the movie to know the story line, but so unlike the movie! The costumes and singing were just spectacular. It was really nice to have a date planned for us already. With the store, it is not always easy making time.

It isn't easy making time to blog, either! I slacked a bit this weekend, but here's a card I made for our nieces for Valentine's Day.


The girls are all young, so this was a great fun card for them. It is very pet-able with the batting on the sheep. I stamped various hearts from the Borders & Corners Heart set in VersaMagic Pixie Dusk, Malted Mauve, and Pink Petunia on Pretty in Pink cardstock. Before the ink dried, I covered it with sparkly embossing powder and heat set. The body of the sheep is punched out of Stamper's Select White with a Marvy Super Jumbo Scalloped Oval punch. The stuffing is just wrapped around the body and adhered on the back. I was going for the big and fluffy look, so I wasn't too concerned about the shape the batting was taking. The sheep's head and feet are from the My Punny Valentine set and were stamped in VersaMark and embossed in black detail embosssing powder. I cut them out and adhered them to a piece of Stamper's Select white that I had sponged with Soft Sky and Bashful Blue ink. The grass was stamped using VersaMagic Key Lime and Tea Leaves, trimmed, then popped up using foam tape. This entire piece was mounted on a piece of Cool Caribbean and then a piece of SS white. I stamped the sentiment from the set on the Cool Caribbean, and that's it!

I promise that its my picture-taking that is crooked - not the card! I am working on getting an area set up where I can go to for photographs. I've been experimenting with lighting in some different locations around the house and nothing is working out too well. I bought myself an Ott-Lite craft lamp when they were on sale at JoAnn Fabrics, so hopefully you'll see an improvement in my photographs!

Thanks for stopping by, tomorrow I will share some projects with you that I'll be doing at my upcoming Stamp Camps. Have a great day!

Supplies:
Stamps: Borders & Corners Heart, My Punny Valentine (PTI)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean (SU), SS White (PTI)
Ink: Pixie Dust, Malted Mauve, Pink Petunia, Key Lime, Tea Leaves, Midnight Black (VersaMagic Chalk Ink), VersaMark, Bashful Blue, Soft Sky (SU)
Accessories: Marvy Super Jumbo Scalloped Oval, Craft stuffing

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!