Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day

Finally, the snow we've all been waiting for! (At least me!) This is the Pittsburgh winter I remember... getting dumped 6 inches of snow in 8 hours. I, luckily, had my laptop at home with me, so I didn't stress about trying to drive in it this morning and worked from home.



I mentioned yesterday about Bill's birthday last week. We usually double up on birthday celebrations, since there are so many of us in the family and someone's birthday is always near someone else's. I put together a little gift basket of relaxation-promoting items for my sister-in-law Kelly, and today I will share the card.



You can click the photo for a larger view. I used Papertrey Ink's Little Lady stamp set - I just recently bought it and am really glad that I did. I really love it. I had seen this sketch on Beate's blog a few weeks ago and liked the idea of a tall card. Then I saw this creation by Debbie Olson and really loved it, too. The colors were originally inspired by some ribbon that I had, but in the end it didn't really have a place on the card. I looked through my stash of patterned paper for something I could use on the base and couldn't find one that was just right. So, I made my own, and it ended up being just the ticket! I used the polka dot backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms stamped in VersaMark. Then I went over with the little flower from PTI's Borders & Corners Heart in Palette Ink New Canvas. I love the look of white ink on Kraft cardstock, and it ended up being exactly what I was looking for. I know, you're thinking "she has way too much time on her hands," but it really took no time at all and was kind of theraputic in a way! I stamped the ladybugs in coordinating ink colors, cut them out and popped them up. I added some Stickles to their spots, so they've got some sparkle in real life. This is the first tall card that I ever made, and boy did I love it! I will definitely make more in the future. It really works great with multiples of the same image.


I also thought I'd share some Snow Day pictures with you. This is Juno and puppy Luca playing in the back yard. Look at all that snow on Juno's face! They both love the snow and come in the house covered in it.





Tomorrow I will show you more of the gift set for Kelly. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:

Stamps (all PTI): Little Lady, Borders & Corners Heart (for background flower), Faux Ribbon (sentiment)

Paper: Brocade Blue, Kraft, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Almost Amythest (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI)

Ink: VersaMark, Palette Ink New Canvase, Palette Ink Noir, VersaMagic chalk ink in Aloe Vera, Aspen Mist, and Pretty Petunia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!