Thursday, February 28, 2008

V-Day Bundle


I sent my college roommates each a little something for Valentine's Day. When I am motivated, I like to make gifts for the girls (I'm not sure the gesture is entirely appreciated, but that doesn't matter). I had so much fun decorating the Frappuccino bottles for Kelly that I wanted to make more. Going with the healthy-eating weight-watching theme, I opted to add dried cranberries to my bottles instead of chocolate. I didn't want to be the source of any unwanted temptation! The 'Love you Berry Much' sentiment from My Punny Valentine was perfect. I also covered one of PTI's small heart tins with some holiday-appropriate paper and stuffed some Valentine's socks in there. The frames are from Michaels, covered with SU! Ginger Blossom patterned paper and embellished simply with a few punched-out flowers. The picture is of the four of us at my wedding, and I wanted to send it to each of the girls. I topped it off with a simple card made using the hearts from Borders and Corners Heart. I know it isn't easy to see in the photo, but trust me, they are simple.

That concludes the stamping portion of this post.. if you want to head out, please feel free. Now I need to gripe a bit. I try to remain positive about things, 'Good things come to those who wait,' they say. But my job is crap and I hate feeling stuck. I wish I had more time to do the things that I enjoy, like stamping, or reading, or sleeping and less time keeping up with life. Even though Luca is getting to the point now that she is a bit better than she was when she was 8 weeks old, she's still a puppy and she still has puppy energy. I hope she grows out of all the jumping and biting. I hope she can break her routine of getting up at 5:45 am every day. Come on, what's half an hour more? I am in desperate need of a good night's sleep and really wish my husband wasn't such a bed hog! I wish we could come to some resolution about scuba class and I wish that our store manager didn't need off on Saturday so that I didn't have to give up my entire weekend to be there. And I wish that it would stop snowing!! Ok, I said it all. I have one card I want to make tonight. One! My wonderful friend Julie sent me a huge box full of books. Thank you Julie! I have been running up fines at the library because I take a book out, start it, and then have time to read only a bit here and there. So now I have a huge selection and don't need to worry about late fees. I know you just sent them to me so you didn't have to get rid of them, but I appreciate it anyway ;) I miss you! That's all for me.. I need to do some work. Tonight we're heading to the pool session of the Thursday scuba class to give this one more shot. I've got to draw a line somewhere. I love the guy, but I'm tempted to hold him underwater until he gets over it. Ok, not really (but sort of).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!