Saturday, August 10, 2013

WMS August Release Day Blog Hop

Hello there!

Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release Day Blog Hop. Today, the nine new Waltzingmouse stamp sets we've been previewing for the past few days will be available for purchase in the Waltzingmouse Stamps store.

You should have arrived here from the fabulously talented Laurie Schmidlin's blog. The waltz starts over on Claire's blog, so be sure to head there if you're just popping in.

As usual, Blog Waltz prizes are up for grabs! One winner will be randomly chosen from the comments left on one of the Design Team blogs, so let us know what you think of the new release! You have until 6:59 AM EST on August 12th to leave your comments. The winner will be announced on the WMS Blog on the 14th.

Ok! Details out of the way.

I have two cards for you today using some of the sets I wanted to play with a bit more. First up, Ocean Bound.


I started with the Bedtime Story Sketch #1 from the first WMS Pajama Party (have no idea what I'm talking about? Click the link to read more - you'll want to play along! The next Pajama Party with be at the end of August!)


I took a few liberties with the sketch, flipping it and leaving out some elements. Love this sketch. The anchor and sentiment are both from Ocean Bound, and this card came together in no time.

Next up is a little tag fun using Simple Sprig.


I adore this set, I am so in love with those little flowers. This is a cute little mini set, and with the detailed sprig and four flowers it is not only a great staple for your collection, but a steal! I layered some pattered paper onto my tag, then stamped and cut out the leaves and flowers. A little layering and a sentiment from Big Day - Today, and it was ready to be added to a little gift.

We have the whole Design Team joining us today for the hop, so I won't keep you. Thank you so much for your visits and kind words over the past few days. It means so much to me that you stop by and share your thoughts.

Iwona will be your next stop along the hop! Take care!


------------
Recipe
My Anchor Card
STAMPS: Ocean Bound (available August 10) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Going Gray - SU!; Soft Stone - PTI
INK: Night of Navy, Baja Breeze - SU!
OTHER: Rope Twine - SU!

With Gratitude Tag
STAMPS: Simple Sprig, Big Day - Today (available August 10) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - PTI
PATTERNED PAPER: Emma's Shoppe - Crate Paper
INK: Pear Pizzazz, Groovy Guava - SU!; White - Wplus9; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko
OTHER: Labels 11 Nesties - Spellbinders; Tag - Stampers Anonymous

29 comments:

  1. Such pretty projects! Love the bold design on the card and the sweetness of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Anya. Have to get those florals after all! Love the tag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both projects! The rope is such a great add to the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first card - would be a perfect anniversary card for my DH! The tag is sweet too - cannot wait for my order to arrive now! Thanks for sharing your creative talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects today, the addition of the rope on the first card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasure to see what you are up to Anya! Love the anchors and the sentiment stamped on an angle - the "rope" trim just ties it all together. The tag has me swooning. The distressed edges, the stamping over the pattern paper, and the colors you chose are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty!! I'm in love with the new stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the angle on the card with the anchors on the base and the grey popped up

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them both!!
    Love that stamped background...
    and the sketch is perfect for it!
    And that stunning tag...
    I think that stamp set is the greatest mini set ever!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous projects Anya, love the masculine card with the rope, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Love that tag - those little flowers are making me swoon and look great on the harlequin paper. Can't wait for mine to arrive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Love the card and the tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, love the first card, wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic projects. I love that ocean bound set great cas design and the tag is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely these are! The tag is my fav. It has everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the sketch you used on the anchor card and very cute tag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely tag! I think I "need" that stamp set now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and great idea to use anchor stamp to create the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card!Love your tag!Both are very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the diagonal layered effect and your stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love all the nautical themed supplies this month and your nautical card - the layout and that thick cording are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag! Pinning these for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards. Love your take on bed time story sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards! Simple Sprig is my favorite... at the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!