Friday, August 30, 2013

Serendipity Stamps Blog Hop

Good Morning!

Today the Serendipity Stamps Design Team is participating in a blog hop to showcase the new Bird Die that Serendipity has released. If you are following along with the hop, you should have arrived here from Vickie's blog.

This beautiful dove-like bird design is so elegant - it would be perfect for a holiday card or a wedding card.. and if I was a good DT member and read instructions, I would have made one of each sample for you! Instead, I just squeaked by with one card for you today. This is going to be one of my last projects before I pack up the rest of my craft room for our move.

Here are the hop details: one random commenter (that leaves a comment on EACH of the DT blogs) will win $20 off their next order. Deadline for comments is Tuesday, September 2nd when a winner will be announced on the Serendipity Stamps Blog.


My first thought when I cut the bird die from white cardstock was that I wanted something pretty to peek through the cut outs in its wings.

I thought immediately of some stained glass-like pattern I had made with glossy cardstock and alcohol inks. Then I searched all over the place and tucked away in a drawer I found some I had left over. Phew! I cut the pieces to fit behind the wings to create a pretty stained glass look.

Of course then I needed to add some glitter.


The sentiment, May Your Heart Be Filled seemed like a perfect one to finish off this holiday design. What do you think of the color peeking through the wings?

That is it for me today - I don't want to keep you, my sweet friend Jeanne will be your next stop along the hop. Have a great day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: May Your Heart Be Filled - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: White, Lake House - Wplus9
PATTERNED PAPER: Mitten Weather - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Bird Die - Serendipity Stamps; Labels 22 - Spellbinders; Crystal fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Adhesive pearls

21 comments:

  1. Exquisite !!! Good luck with the move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color inside the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that stained glass look on the dove!!!!!very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that paper underneath the wings looks amazing...true stainglass look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! The colors and "stained glass" look of your bird are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stained glass look is lovely - really emphasizes those cutouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Anya, love the stained glass look of the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Anya, your card is divine! I love that stained glass look in his wings... GORGEOUS!! And I love how big your sentiment is. This pretty dove would make such lovely and quick Christmas cards. THanks for your inspiration!! Super hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you made the card into a stained glass feel. I think I must have this bird die, so elegant, all the samples are stunning. Hope you have a wonderful move day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red behind the wings and the sprinkle of sugar - reminds me of leaded glass or fancy Christmas cookies - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of the "stained glass" behind the wings. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anya, may I be the first to admire your dove card. It is so lovely with the soft sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stained glass effect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful choice of sentiment with that fabulous dove die. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you filled in the negatives on the die. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stained glass look and curvy sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh how pretty the dove looks with your stained glass technique, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty with the stained glass effect!!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful - I do like the pretty wings and touch of sparkle. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous dove! Love the red behind the wings and glitter! So very lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!