Thursday, August 9, 2012

Congratulations

Hi there!

Today is the 9th of the month, which means it is time for the Cloud9 Blog Hop! This month, we are bringing you a sketch challenge. I, for one, love that the challenges switch up!

This month we are also welcoming, fresh off of her stint as Guest Designer for the Wplus9 August release, sweetie Maureen Merritt! Maureen was chosen last month to be our Guest Inspiration Team Member. Next month's spot is up for grabs, so give us your best take on the sketch!


** Don't forget, the sketch is just inspiration - you don't have to follow it exactly! Just have fun with it!

Here is what I created, using Flora & Fauna I:


I stamped the dogwood flower and butterfly images in Rich Cocoa Memento ink and colored them with Copics. Then I trimmed out just the flowers I wanted to use, and layered them on a label die cut with the Label Layers 3 Die and stamped with the border from Very Vintage Greetings.

The little banners were die cut from patterned paper using the Banner Trio Die. The sentiment is from Heartfelt Mix.


I hope our sketch challenge inspires you this month, and you'll join us by linking up your project over on the Cloud9 Blog. In addition to the opportunity to join us as a Guest Member of the Inspiration Team, you could also win a $25 gift certificate to Wplus9! (Did you see the new release? That $25 could be well spent!)

Take care!

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Flora & Fauna I, Heartfelt Mix, Very Vintage Greetings - Wplus9 Design Studio
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Blushing Bride - Stampin' Up!; Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Farmhouse - October Afternoon
INK: Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink; Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Banner Trio Die, Label Layers 3 Die - Wplus9; Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Copic Markers - Imagination International

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful take on the sketch, Anya! LOVE the subdued color palette and all the scrumptious layers! I must get that linen impression plate... LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So feminine and beautiful. I love it Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya!! Every time I come by your blog my wish list gets longer! Now I've added flowers! They look amazing layered on the label die, and the banners and stitching are perfect. I love the feminine, soft vintage feel of this card. It's so beautiful. Thank you so very much for being a part of this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love your cluster of layered images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Anya! I love the flowers and the polka dot banners! The soft colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty! The dogwood flowers are gorgeous and the banners so fun and striking on the linen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!
    But then I knew it would be!
    Love the soft blooms...
    the pretty paper...
    it's all truly gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!