Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Play Date Cafe - Guest Designer

Oooh! I am so excited! This week I am the Guest Designer at The Play Date Cafe!

Here is this week's color story (Challenge #85!) - talk about gorgeous!

The sponsor for this week's challenge is Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker. Be sure to check out the prize and all the contest details at The Play Date Cafe.

And here is the card that I came up with based on this week's color story:

All the stamps I used are from Waltzingmouse - I have decided that Say It Loud is officially my most favorite set.

I built my greeting in one of the images from Very Vintage Labels No. 18 and then cut it out using a pair of pinking shears. This label design in particular seems to work really well with this technique. I stamped one of the half-doily images from Dainty Doilies 2 - Small to create a frame for my label.

I also added in bits from Text It and Gingham & Co. - the color story made me feel a little vintage country with a touch of elegance and I tried to capture that with this card. It really is just sort of a mish mash of everything I love! :)

I can't thank the gals at The Play Date Cafe enough - I love playing along with the challenges and being invited as a Guest Designer has been a real treat. Thanks to you, too, for stopping by. I hope you will play along with this week's challenge - please be sure to check out all the details on The Play Date Cafe blog. The deadline for Challenge #85 is Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST.

Have a fantastic day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Say It Loud, Very Vintage Labels No. 18, Dainty Doilies 2 - Small, Text It, Gingham & Co. - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Lavender Moon, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Vintage Violet, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Vintage Violet, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; VersaMark - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Royal Butterfly Punch, Classic Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Pinking shears

9 comments:

  1. Anya love your beautiful clean and sweet style. Thanks so much for being a guest designer with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely just as gorgeous as the first time I saw it, Anya! LOVE all your scrumptious stamping, and what you did with the pinking shears is completely genius! Just stunning! Thanks so much for being our lovely Guest Designer this week, and we look forward to seeing many more of your creations, over time, in The Play Date Cafe gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest this week, Anya...we always appreciate the support you have given our challenge and your gorgeous designs are always a beautiful part of our gallery....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, I can't believe you described this as a mish mash! Okay, it is an absolutely lovely mish mash, if you must. I love what you did with the pinking shears - I'm tucking that one away for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is just wonderful - I do like the way you've mixed so many of the WMS sets - the pinking effect is fab (might borrow that one!). The colours are wonderful. Off to think about my card now! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely, Anya! Gorgeous colors and love all the elements as well! Just received my Gingham set from Claire, which I won with the challenge and I love it!!! And Claire was sooo sweet to also put in a Half Pint Heroes, oh my gosh, don't you love her?! I gotta try this Gingham soon, these stamps are beauties!! Love yours in pink!!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the colors Anya! love the partial doily stamping around the label!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya, I've always enjoyed visiting your blog and love your clean and simple style with a vintage twist. It's been so wonderful having you as our guest at the Play dAte Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya, your card is just gorgeous! I LOVE how you've done the doily background, it's fab! So glad you could join us this week as our guest designer at The Play Date Cafe this week, I love seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!