Friday, June 17, 2011

Lizzie Anne June DT Challenge

Hi there, friends! Today is Design Team Challenge day at Lizzie Anne. This month we were challenged to create a project with a summer vacation theme. Perfect timing that we had the new Summertime Celebration Mix Set to use!

For the past few years, a dive trip to Cozumel has been one of our summer events, so I thought the sombrero and maracas would be perfect for my card. Here's the colorful card I came up with:

I started by layering a rainbow of cardstock that I had punched with a scalloped edge. I colored the sombrero and maracas images with Copic markers in coordinating colors. Mexico is always so colorful! I think this would be great as a party invitation, too - for a Fiesta, of course!

I'm so glad you stopped by today, please be sure head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs Blog to see what the other DT members created for the challenge. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Summertime Celebration Mix Set - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink - Tsukineko
Other: Scalloped edge border punch - Stampin' Up!; Copic markers

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Anya - just love all the scallops! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to have a margarita :) Beautiful!! Love how colorful and fun this is

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous! Perfect colors. Love the scalloped borders. Soooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bright colors and scallops on your card Anya! This is super cute! I would love to take a trip to Cozumel...not sure about the diving part though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!