Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bitty Baby Blessings

Hi peeps!  How are you today?  I am ready for some hockey tonight!  Do you have any big plans?

My dear friend welcomed a little baby boy into the world last week, and I wanted to send some congratulations. I love to paper piece the little elephant from Bitty Baby Blessings!


The cardstock base is Brocade Blue, stamped with Polka Dot Basics.  The elephant was stamped and cut out of Barely Blue cardstock and was also stamped with Polka Dot Basics.  Next I stamped just the elephant's ear and stamped it with one of the images from Everyday Basics to get the reverse polka dot effect (cool, huh?).


The rest of the details are below.. I pulled the sketch from an old issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.  Recently, card sketches have been my thing - sometimes it is color challenges, sometimes it is wanting to use a certain image, but recently it has been sketches.  There are so many resources for great sketches out there, its easy to find something inspiring. 


Thanks for stopping by, have a great night!



Recipe:
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings, Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages, Everyday Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Barely Blue, Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; SS White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Brocade Blue, Barely Blue, Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!
Other: Buttons, string

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!