Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CardMaker Blog Team Hop

Hi there!

Today I am participating in my first blog hop as part of the CardMaker Blog Team.  How exciting!

This month we were challenged to create a card inspired by a song.  I went old school on you guys - can you guess what song my card was inspired by?


Yep - Yellow Submarine, a Beatles classic! (I am a huge Beatles fan, which I completely attribute to my parents - I knew song lyrics when I was just a little girl). It is definitely one of my favorite makes-you-happy-to-sing-it songs!

Here is the card in full:


Isn't the blue ombre fun?  Sky of blue and sea of green in my yellow submarine!

The submarine and other complimentary images are from the Half Pint Heroes set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Got into some serious fussy cutting with those little fishes, but it was well worth it!

I'm so glad you've stopped by today, please make sure you hop on over to visit the other Blog Team members!

Anya Schrier - You are here!

Have a great day!

Anya

------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Half Pint Heroes - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Fine Linen, White, Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink; Soft Sky, Cool Caribbean, Taken with Teal, Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade - Stampin' Up!
INK: Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
OTHER: Banner Trio Die - Wplus9; Medium Scallop Border Die - Papertrey Ink

12 comments:

  1. oh my---just ADORABLE Anya! Love the Beatles song you chose and your card is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Anya! Great minds think alike! I did Beatles too. ;)

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable, Anya! I just had to pop in here to tell you so, and I'm lovin' those gradient water lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I definitely need to get that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun and happy song! This card is darling - I love the gradient blues, perfect for water :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love this clean, graphic card! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm smiling from ear to ear Anya! Love it! The way you layered the varying shades of blue is so cool! The waves are perfect! Can't go wrong with the fab4!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made me smile too!!! Love the gradients of blue for this adorable yellow submarine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is super cute! Great interpretation of a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the clean lines on this fun card Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!