Friday, May 7, 2010

On Your Christening

Happy Friday, my dears! I am so glad the weekend is upon us. I have an appointment for a hair cut tonight that I am really looking forward to. When my short hair gets too long it starts to get a little unruly.

So! Another little one has recently been added to the family, and I needed a card for her Christening. In instances like this, I like to have a stamp specific to the occasion (so not necessary, I know) and I was looking through my folder of images and I found exactly what I was looking for in the Celtic Heritage set from WMS. Lovely.

The cross was embossed and cut out, just to add a little extra dimension. This piece is matted onto pearlescent cardstock, which is a beautiful match, but didn't photograph well. The background was stamped with the celtic lunette outline image to bring a little of the pink in, yet keep it elegant (and satisfy my background stamping quota). I liked the ability to build my own sentiment, but you already know that Claire's sets are perfect for that!

Moms, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! It will be full of family for us. Take care!


#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Celtic Heritage - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: The Luxury Stack - DCWV
Ink: Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger
Other: Sweet Blush satin ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Silver embossing powder; clear adhesive rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. It's very elegant! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christening card Anya! I just love that Celtic Cross - and your pink bg stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya,
    It's beautiful! I loved this set from the very first time I laid eyes on it! Your card is just perfect!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!