Thursday, April 25, 2013

CASE Study #138

ETA: Hi! This is my second post of the day.. I am also posting today's Play Date Color challenge, so be sure to check that out!

Good morning!

Well, today wraps up my Guest Designer spot with the CASE Study Challenge. Thank you, Chupa, for allowing me to join you guys this month, along with the incredible Muse, JJ Bolton!

Here is JJ's inspiration card for this week:


So fabulous, I love the whimsy!

I was inspired by the masked and inked clouds along with the silhouette image. For my card, I turned to one of my favorite Waltzingmouse sets, My Island, and put a new spin on my inked sunset technique.


For my cloud mask, I die cut some clouds from a post-it note and stuck them to my cardstock, inking different colors for each 'layer'. After removing the mask, I blended a bit more to soften the edges. I stamped the palm tree and tiki hut silhouettes, and couldn't resist using a similar sentiment.

Would you like to play along with us? Please head back to the CASE Study Blog to see what the Design Team has created for this week's challenge and to link up your creation.

Thank you again, CASE Study gals - I have LOVED joining you this month! Have a great day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: My Island - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Pale Plum - SU!; Vintage Cream - PTI
INK: Milled Lavender, Wild Honey, Stormy Sky, Faded Lipstick, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card! The colors are so beautiful in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and tropical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Absolutely stunning...love the soft muted clouds Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! What I wouldn't give to be sitting on a beach/island watching the sun set--this set of Claire's always makes me dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Anya! Such wonderful sponging and blending!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!