Thursday, April 11, 2013

CASE Study #136

ETA: Hi! This is my second post of the day.. I am also posting today's Play Date Color challenge, so be sure to check that out!

Good morning!

I am back once again to bring you this week's CASE Study Challenge. I am honored to be the Guest Designer for the month of April and play along with fabulous Muse JJ Bolton!

Chupa has chosen another amazing creation for this week's inspiration. You may have seen this stunning piece of art floating around the interwebs.

Friends, this is what chevron heaven looks like.


The first thing that jumps out and grabs you about this card is the beautiful range of color. Like a stained glass window. I also loved how JJ stamped her sentiment onto vellum, so that none of that color was covered up.

Here is the card I created using JJ's as inspiration:


This was the perfect opportunity to show a little love to my Adirondack Alcohol inks.

I added just a drop or two each of a bunch of different colors to the felt applicator and just dabbed it onto a strip of glossy cardstock. The ink bleeds and blends and creates this wonderfully marbled effect. To me, it was just how I saw JJ's card.. such color!

I added my sentiment onto a flap of vellum, folding it over the top of the card and adhering it to the back. The sentiment is from Verve's Words of Wisdom set.

Want to get your color on? I hope you will join us! Please head back to the CASE Study Blog to see what the Design Team has created for this week's challenge and to link up your creation.

Have a great day!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Words of Wisdom - Verve Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Glossy White, Vellum Paper - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - PTI
INK: Onyx Black Versafine - Tsukineko; Cranberry, Meadow, Caramel, Lettuce, Currant, Eggplant Alcohol Ink - Ranger Industries

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE that technique and the pattern it created! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card totally speaks to my artsy fartsy, alcohol ink loving heart! What a fabulous sentiment to combine with it and I love where you placed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what a lovely paper you've created with inks! Such a sweet sentiment too, and a really nice CASE version! Clean, simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! The alcohol ink background is gorgeous Anya and I love the sentiment on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous colors and design. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!! love that panel of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The colors are just gorgeous! Like a piece of art:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!