Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hugs From Afar

Hiya!

I hope your week is off to a good start. This past weekend was a beautiful one here in Pittsburgh, and now that we are back to cold and rain I am feeling pretty desperate about the arrival of Spring.

I made a little something last night for this week's CASE Study challenge. The muse for the month of March is none other than the Julie Ebersole. How about this beautiful bit of inspiration?


I couldn't resist the white heat embossing on Kraft cardstock, so I made that the focal point of my card.


I used the Borderline set from Verve Stamps on my card. I started with the sentiment, stamping and embossing it in white and then stamped the heart border around it. I selectively colored a few hearts, just enough to give it a rainbow effect. I do have to say that coloring in embossed images, especially on Kraft, really has a fabulous look. And since I didn't want anything competing with that little panel for attention, I left the background plain. Those little rainbow hearts can be the star of the show :)

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!



------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Borderline - Verve Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal, Kraft - Wplus9
INK: White - Wplus9
OTHER: Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Copic Markers

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is sooooooo cool, Anya! Love the little rainbow hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the hearts and added colours to a few!! Great CASE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!! love all of those colored hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!