Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Creepy Crawly

Morning!

I am back from my vacation, and ready for a break! Hah! Let's just say dive vacations aren't very relaxing, but we did have an amazing time. Pictures are forthcoming!

To jump right back into the swing of things, I pulled up my favorite challenge blogs and combined this week's challenges. There is a fun Halloween color story this week from The Play Date Cafe, and a great inspiration card from this month's muse, Niki Estes, over at CASE study!

I mixed the two together, and here is what I made!

All the images I used are from Wplus9's A Pocketful: Halloween. These little spiders have the cutest expressions :)

I used a Copic multiliner to extend the spider lines so that they would fit behind my sentiment.

I stamped the spider image a second time onto green cardstock and then cut out the spider bodies only and added them to my card with dimensional tape. My favorite is the little guy at the bottom that looks like he's jumping right off the page.

I am glad to be back and so glad that you have stopped by today! Did you know that tomorrow Waltzingmouse Stamps is starting previews for their new release? It is true! And I promise you, you will not want to miss a minute of it - I hope to see you then!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: A Pocketful: Halloween - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Lucky Limeade, Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Basic Black - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen, Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Lavender Lace - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: Standard Circles Small, Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Spiral Notebook Page Die - Papertrey Ink; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Plum Pudding Button - Papertrey Ink; Charcoal Baker's Twine - The Twinery

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to see photos from your vacation. Cute card!! Love those little spiders and the spiderweb background strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is irresistibly cute! Love that little spider jumping off the page and the way you tucked them all behind the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! The sentiment is perfect for the little spiders, and I love the webs on the purple paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love every little thing about this Anya! Your creepy crawly spiders and the fun background you've created! Cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I never though spiders could be cute but you've just proven otherwise with this seriously fun, cute card!!! Love the dimension of those spiders :)
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those spiders are just too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. L-O-V-E this card--your spiders are super awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked cool, Anya! Those popped up spiders are positively scary! (Well, cute is more like it :)
    Great job with the colors and awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute, Anya! Aren't these cuties absolutely irresistable?! LOVE the way you've framed that sentiment, but I adore your stamped background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHH! This is a fab card--love the embossing and the web images on the purple panel!! Those spiders are too cute:) THANKS so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful Anya! I always look forward to your cards. They're always fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!