Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Spooky Sweets

Hiya!

How are you today? Has it been getting cooler where you live? Here in Pittsburgh, the temperatures have been dropping a bit more at night and it is so nice sleeping. I love when it is a bit chilly in the evenings - perfect for snuggling under the covers!

This week I'm again squeezing my challenges in right at the last minute. I am playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge as well as the new CASE Study challenge for this week.

Our color story this week was another great color combination: teal, mustard, and navy. I have been itching to play with some new goodies that just arrived from Wplus9 and so I thought I'd try these non-traditional colors for Halloween.

I used the new A Pocketful and A Pocketful: Halloween sets to create this card. I am sure you can see how I was inspired by Julie Lacey's CASE Study creation - I liked the layered strips she used along the bottom and the large label focal image up top.

I used the magic wand image from A Pocketful: Halloween and combined it with the stitched pocket image from A Pocketful. I did some paper piecing to help incorporate this week's colors into my project. And I did some stamping right on patterned paper - yay me for remembering to do this!

Aren't these images cute? You should see the spiders in the set - they have the cutest eyebrows!

Thanks for stopping by - I don't think the official schedule has been announced yet, but a little secret from me to you.. you're going to want to stop back here later this week to catch a peek at new Waltzingmouse stamps!

Hope your day is fantastic!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: A Pocketful, A Pocketful: Halloween - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Night of Navy, Marina Mist - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Rocket Age - October Afternoon; Matilda - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Star Dust Stickles - Ranger Industries; Lemondrop Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Mat Stack 1 Die, Enchanted Evening Button - Papertrey Ink; Adhesive Rhinestones - Recollections; Pinking Blade - Fiskars

6 comments:

  1. They are definitely cute! Love the paper stripes on your card and the embossed dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of our new, Wplus9 goodies! LOVE it, especially your over-stamping! Woohoo! Go, Anya! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! Oh! And if you want that scones recipe, just email me. I couldn't find it anywhere on her blog and didn't want to break any copyright laws. I'm such a ruler follower :). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute--love your take on this color story! I love that you made a Halloween card--CLEVER!! You rock:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! Love! You are a wizard with Wplus9 stamps (well, pretty much with any stamps). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and fun!! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!