Sunday, September 25, 2011

In Sympathy

Hi there! How is your weekend going? We are busy here in Casa Schrier .. Bill and I leave for our next vacation soon, and I'm trying to gather our equipment, tie up some loose ends, and snuggle with our puppies as much as possible before we go. This time we're heading to the Leeward Islands of the Lesser Antilles for a week of liveaboard diving with Explorer Ventures. I will be sure to share photos when we get back.

Today I have a card to share that I made for this week's CASE Study Challenge.

I decided to try a different approach to the challenges this week. I was reading Cristina Kowalczyk's blog and she was talking about how, when she is creating for CASE Study, that she looks at the inspiration piece and walks away, writing a few notes about the elements that stood out to her. I liked this idea and thought it would help me feel like my creations were inspirations and not copies.

Here is the inspiration piece for this week from Julie Lacey:

My notes for this card included: layered rectangles, a pop of orange, and woodgrain. Here is what I created.

Initially, I wasn't going to go with the butterflies, but I remembered a set of butterfly stamps I have from Lost Coast Designs, and liked the look. In hindsight, I wish I would have incorporated some stitching along the side, but its too late now.

I painted part of the butterflies with some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls for a bit of sparkle. Pretend you can see it :)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today - I hope you have a great evening!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Butterflies Set - Lost Coast Designs; Asian Gardens Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Mischevious Collection - My Mind's Eye
INK: Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls - Ranger Industries; Dove's Nest Cabbage Rose Ribbon - MemrieMare; Vintage button; Paper piercer

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love how earthy it feels. And that's a great idea to find inspiration vs. copying... I'm always so literal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anya,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off - have a WONDERFUL vacation! sounds like another super trip for you guys! SO envious!! The subtle coloring on your butterflies looks lovely - a great design and colors for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful, just perfect! I'm drooling over these butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your version, it has a warm, earthy feel to it! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Anya! : )
    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I ADORE this! And thanks for the shout-out, too. Happy to be of service. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!