Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cake Recipes For You

Hi there!

How are you? Thank you all so much for stopping by during the countdown for the new Waltzingmouse Stamps release. You have until Thursday to leave a comment on my waltz post for a chance to win!

Somehow I managed to squeeze out another card last night for this week's challenges. But before I get to that, I had many requests from you about my zucchini cake recipes. And because I love you so much, here are the downloadable recipes:

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze

The ingredients you saw on my recipe card yesterday is only a partial list.. the recipe linked above is the complete recipe. I would love to hear your reactions if you make these.. the Zucchini Bundt is a new favorite of mine. I love baking with zucchini - it makes cakes and bread very moist but really doesn't contribute much in the way of flavor (so its easy to trick kids and husbands!).

Now on to my card. I made this for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. I also combined it with the CASE Study challenge for this week.

A beautiful color story, isn't it?

I used the Woodgrain Silhouettes set from Wplus9 to make this card. I love fussy cutting these flowers. I also love this new shade of purple, Wisteria Wonder, from Stampin' Up!.

Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate it so much. I hope you enjoy the cake!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Woodgrain Silhouettes - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Wisteria Wonder - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Wisteria Wonder, Barely Banana - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Classic Circles, Lacey Circles Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Buttercream Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Linen and Canvas Impression plate - Papertrey Ink; Sewing Machine

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the recipe! My mom has been looking foursome good zucchini recipes. The card is gorgeous! I have to agree, that shade of purple is tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm that cake sounds fabby - may have to try that out (though I'm a walking disaster in the kitchen!)
    LOVE your card - those soft colours, the impression in your circular panel, those fussy cut flowers, the stitching - EVERYTHING!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for posting the recipe. I would like to ask if you used the cardamom & anise? These are two of my least favorite spices but will use if it adds to the yumminess of the cake.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dorothy C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Anya...love the effect of those popped up flowers, the dimension adds such elegance! Beautiful colors and incredible design...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Anya! This is stunning! LOVE all that scrumptious texture and perfectly spot-on take on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum... and love that WPlus9 set, must try fussy cutting out the flowers, looks great on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!! Love the lavender/neutral with the yellow butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous Anya. Your creations always delight me :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!!!
    And your card is gorgeous, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying out the recipe right now and noticed that it says: "Cream margarine, oil and butter." but there is no butter in the ingredients! Is it supposed to be the cocoa?
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!