Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WMS August SOAP - Day 2


Good morning! If you're just joining us, this is our second day of the Waltzingmouse Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP) for August. We are sharing a recap of the eight sets released in July. This is a time to get inspired, get inky, and maybe get caught up on your wish list!

Today I have more to share - and its a little bit of everything. This is one thing I love about all of Claire's stamps: they all work so well together, so combining sets is easy and you get more bang for your buck!

First up, a card using You're Lovely. This card makes me laugh a little because I don't think a single element is straight!

The fabric and bits of lace trim are all flea market finds. I thought it would be fun to add a little lace skirt to the dress form. This dress form image is one of my all-time favorites.

Next up is Flourishes - Scallops and Dots and Big Day Additions.

I made this card for this week's CASE Study challenge - great inspiration this week!

The flourish was embossed in silver and accented with rhinestones. An elegant winter wedding card.

And finally, something delectable from Eat Cake.

Tags are so much fun to make. I started by inking and distressing my background until it was the color I wanted. Then I stamped some flourishes onto the background with acrylic paint. I embossed a bit of cardstock and then painted it, sanded it and applied some Distress Ink. Added some other bits and bobs - the sentiment is also from Big Day Additions.

Glad you could pop in today - here is a list of the other ladies sharing projects!



Have a great day - see you tomorrow!

Anya

Recipe
Bonjour Vintage Style Card
STAMPS: You're Lovely, Fancy Phrases - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Fresh Linen, Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Crumb Cake, Brocade Blue - Stampin' Up!
OTHER: River Rock Saddle stitch ribbon - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream twill - Papertrey Ink; Fabric; Lace; Vintage Button; Sewing machine

Best Wishes Card
STAMPS: Flourishes - Scallops and Dots, Big Day Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps

CARDSTOCK: Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; Silver - Marcella K
INK: VersaMark - Tsukineko
OTHER: Filigree Detail Silver Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Scallop border punch - Stampin' Up!; Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections

Happily Ever After Tag
STAMPS: Eat Cake, Big Day Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps

CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Manila tag - Stampers Anonymous
INK: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Dried Marigold, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Regal Flourishes Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz; White Opal Liquid Pearls, Peach Bellini Acrylic Paint Dabber - Ranger Industries; Flowers - Perfectly Pretty; Lace; Sewing machine

15 comments:

  1. love all your cards and tag, but I REALLY love the first one with the fabric and lace (since my other love is quilting and fabric it just speaks to my heart!!) thanks for your lovley cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love the elegance of the wedding card, those flourishes add so much class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oeh, so lovely, Anya!! Love the silver swirls on the blue and that first card is so great! That skirt is the best and the flowers in the back just the prettiest!!! Very nice!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful, very different style, cards today Anya! Love the little net skirt on the dress forma and the fun cloth and lace pieces.... the blue and silver embossed card is striking! and I love the colors you and all the layers on your pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations, love love love them all

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Anya! What a beautiful collection of projects! I love the sweet Vintage charm of the first, the beautiful embossed silver on #2 and that elegant tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya - a super selection of projects. I particularly like the dress form and all the fabric and lace - just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember what you said yesterday about fussy cutting, love how you cut out the Happily Ever After sentiment. It looks so nice cut out that way. Beautiful cards, so glad I already have the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another trio of fabulous projects. Such a variety of creative yumminess. Your use of lace, buttons and embossing powder really makes these projects jaw-dropping works of art. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a wonderful trio! I love WMS and you sure do show them off beautifully! I'm so glad you were inspired by CASE study. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, I think all three are great, but if I have to pick my favorite it is the Bonjour Vintage Card. I love the red white and blue, the stitching and the little lace skirt. Just beautiful, and if it isn't straight everywhere it looks like it was intentional.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, these are gorgeous! I especially like the tag - yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bin beeindruckt von den tollen Karten. Sehr creativ!

    LG Moni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!! Your tag is just yummy - love all the texture. Wonderful texture on the first card, too. The lace skirt is so sweet! And your wedding card, oh my, so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning creations Anya! I especially love the first one - so feminine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!