Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Celebrate Today


Good morning, my friends.

I am thinking of you today. I have a close friend from work who is having surgery for breast cancer this morning. She is one of the most wonderful people I have had the pleasure of meeting, and I am feeling particularly thoughtful about relationships, friends, hope and faith.

So here is a little card for you today, just a reminder to celebrate the ordinary and make the most of things.

Inspiration for this little number came from some of my favorite challenges, The Play Date Cafe Challenge and CASE Study Challenge. Our color story for PDCC #95 is the classic combo of navy, pink, and green.

And this week's CASE Study Challenge (#53) was to CASE Iwona herself, the blog's founder. If you've been to Chupa's blog before, you know that it is packed full of inspiration. I chose this card, and combined it with some paper piecing.

I used images from the Hope Seed Co. set from WPlus9. I love this set!

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope your day is wonderful!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Hope Seed Co., Very Vintage Greetings - WPlus9
CARDSTOCK: White - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: My Mind's Eye; Scenic Route; Papertrey Ink
INK: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Apron Lace Border Punch - Fiskars; Spring Moss Satin Ribbon, Hibiscus Burst Button - Papertrey Ink; Sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Love your card Anya! The seed packet is so sweet and I'm loving the adorable polka dot rose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Anya, I reckon it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Anya! So many fabulous details! LOVE that navy, patterned paper! It looks just like denim. Yummy! And that polka dot flower is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card, and even the better reason to make it! I'm sure your friend will love and cherish it. Thank you so much for playing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!
    Did I happen to mention that navy is my absolute most favorite color in the whole wide world?!!
    You had me at navy...*giggle*
    And the pink and green...
    perfect!
    That flower is gorgeous...
    and love the little Hope Seed Co...
    perfect for your friend during what I know is a very difficult time for her.
    I hope the results are good news...
    and I'll be thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Anya. I hope that her surgery went well today and that she is well on her way to recovering.

    Your card is beautiful. I love the stamp set that you used and the color scheme is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHHH! I love that ribbon and the paper matches our colors perfectly! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!